SMART SKILLS is offering businesses in Devon free training in Excel; funded by the European Social Fund.
What will I learn?
DAY 1- Thursday 2nd February, 9.00am-4.00pm
- Deep Dive into Formulas and Functions
- Create complex formulas spanning different worksheets and workbooks
- Create and use techniques such as: Pivot Tables, Subtotals, Advanced Filters, Nested Functions
- Create and use a wide range of functions including: LOOKUP, IF, COUNT, COUNTA, COUNTIF, YEAR, MONTH, DAY
DAY 2 – Thursday 9th February, 9.00am-4.00pm
- Creating Stand Alone Solutions
- Create a stand alone workbook that contains features that will ensure that the quality of the data being inserted and edited is of a high quality. Protect the structure of the formulas, functions, and formatting that we have created within a workbook. Provide guidance and support for the end user.
DAY 3 – Thursday 23th February, 9.00am-4.00pm
- Creating and using Spreadsheet within the team
- Create and update workbooks that are shared and used with other team members.
- Have an understanding of where files are stored on local machines and within the cloud.
- How to manage files stored in different locations
- Accessing data when completing typical office tasks such as emailing
DAY 4 – Thursday 2nd March, 9.00am-4.00pm
- Automating processes using MACROS. Some of the processes used within spreadsheets can be quite involved and lengthy leading to potential errors in data entry and quality. Beneath the bonnet Excel hides a programming language called VBA, during this day we will begin to explore how we might exploit it’s potential to automate our spreadsheets.
You can attend all 4 sessions or pick and choose the desired session(s).
Thursday 2nd, 9th, 23rd February & 2nd March 2023, 9.00am – 4.00pm (4 x 7hr sessions)
This workshop will be delivered face-to-face by Petroc College.