The Swindon & Wiltshire Careers Education Information Advice and guidance project introduces learners’ aged 16-24 year olds who are not currently in education, employment or training to the exciting way into the world of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM). Local young people are offered the opportunity to explore, experience and embark on employment using STEM skills.
The CEIAG project is funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) and Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) and is aimed at addressing employment priority sectors identified by the Local Enterprise Partnership. These sectors are:
- Advance Engineering & High Value Engineering
- Health & Life Science
- Financial & Professional Services
- Digital Information & Communications Technology
- Land Based Industries
- Visitor Economy
- Adult Health & Social Care
- Low Carbon Economy
A typical learner journey consists of:
- An Initial Assessment supported by individual learning plan providing learners with a realistic overview of the local labour market
- Enrolment onto learning which may progress to a recognised qualification
- The chance to progress into a range of sustainable outcomes: Employment, traineeship, apprenticeships or getting back into learning.
- Continued support for up to 3 months after a learner starts in a new role or on a new course
Contact us to find out more