European Social Funding has been invested in a programme of support for unemployed people over the age of 18 years old within the Solent area. The project is supported by the Solent LEP and growth programme
The Skills Support for the unemployed project supports learners to access free, vocational and employability training in a range of employment sectors. The programme will focus on supporting individuals back to sustainable employment, further education or an apprenticeship.
The project is delivered through a skilled network of subcontractors who are:
A typical learner journey consists of:
- An Initial Assessment supported by individual learning plan providing learners with a realistic overview of the local labour market
- A range of learning activity both accredited and non-accredited which can also include: Employability skills, English and Maths
- Support to purchase licences, tools, travel and childcare,
- Progression into a range of sustainable outcomes: Employment, apprenticeships and education.
- Continued support for up to 3 months after a learner starts in a new role or on a new course
Contact us to find out more