What will I learn?
This 3-hour session is for everyone, regardless of gender, and will cover the following:
- Can you signpost to the correct organisation for advice and support
- Can you spot the signs and symptoms of someone suffering with menopause?
- Are you a manager and really do not know how to tackle this topic and offer support?
- Are you aware of the impact menopause can have on family life?
- Are you aware of the laws around menopause?
Why the menopause is a workplace issue
Did you know:
- Menopausal women are the fastest growing demographic in the workforce.
- The average age for a woman to go through menopause is 51. It can be earlier than this, naturally or due to surgery, or illness. And symptoms may start years before menopause, during the perimenopause phase.
- According to the Faculty of Occupational Medicine nearly eight out of ten of menopausal women are in work.
- Three out of four women experience symptoms, one in four could experience serious symptoms.
- One in three of the workforce will soon be over 50, and retirement ages are now 68.
Wednesday 12th October 2022, 9.00am-12.00pm
This course will be delivered online by On Course South West