NCFE Level 2 Award in Volunteering
This course is suitable for anyone already working in a voluntary organisation who wishes to formalise and further develop their existing experience and skills
What will I learn?
The aim of this qualification is to prepare learners for a role within a voluntary organisation.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to:
• understand the role of a volunteer within a voluntary organisation
• understand the activities of voluntary organisations
• identify the skills required to be a successful volunteer
• understand the regulatory frameworks that may apply to being a volunteer.
Online welcome session – Friday 20th January 2023, 10.00am-11.00am
6 week course – Fridays, 3rd February-17th March 2023, 9.30am-12.30pm
This course is delivered by South Devon College via MS Teams by a course tutor. You will be required to participate in group discussions and peer work via Breakout Rooms, as well as completing individual work/study. You will also be required to develop the work covered in the class in your own time and practice between sessions. Estimated between 1-3 hours per week. Resources will be accessible via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) Moodle.
This qualification is designed for those people who are already volunteering. Things to note:
• You are required to complete a workbook of evidence, submitted via online Moodle.
• You will need to perform key tasks and receive feedback from the people you work with.
• You will need to prepare self-evaluation about own performance and create an action plan.