What will I learn?
This Level 2 Award will equip you with knowledge and skills in three essential components of digital marketing, so you can apply them with confidence. The taught content will be delivered via live, interactive online workshops, with time to ask questions. You will also create practical digital marketing plans for your own organisation, which will form the basis of the written assessment for each unit.
The course will cover:
Introduction to digital marketing
• Undertaking a digital marketing ‘health check’ for your organisation
Search Engine Optimisation
• Understanding how and why your potential customers use search engines
• Assessing whether your website is search-engine friendly, and know how to make improvements
• Choosing the right search terms to boost your search ranking
• Preparing an SEO strategy
• Exploring the tools available to help you manage and measure your SEO impact
Social media marketing for business
• Choosing the most appropriate social media channels for your organisation
• Finding communities and potential customers using social channels
• Managing the practicalities of social media posting
• Developing a plan to build and maintain your social media presence
• Measuring the impact of your activities
• Developing and managing your email list
• Understanding the legal considerations of email marketing
• Planning an email campaign to achieve your business objectives
• Using popular email marketing tools
• Understanding how marketing automation can support your business development
Thursday mornings, 24th April – 26th June 2023
The course is delivered by South Devon College.