The Skills Support for the Workforce project within the Solent area focuses on supporting organisations. The aim is to support businesses with free training needs analysis and higher level skills to upskill the workforce with eligible learners over the age of 16.
The service will support all businesses, including those who are restructuring, with a particular focus on the Solent LEP priority sectors which are:
- Marine and maritime
- Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing (inc photonics and advanced materials)
- Aerospace and defence
- Life sciences
- Digital and information economy
- Digital and creative industries
- Oil and Gas
- Clean green Tech
- Enabling sectors such as transport and logistics
- Visitor Economy
A typical offer to businesses consists of:
- Organisational training need analysis
- An Initial Assessment of skills within the business
- Bespoke training for eligible employees
- Support to help your employees progress in work, further education or an apprenticeship.
- A range of learning activity both accredited and non-accredited
This service can also support individuals who have recently been made redundant with a range of both accredited and non-accredited learning activity, to help the individual progress into work, education or apprenticeship.