Work experience provides many benefits, giving young people skills and experience that will allow them to stand out to potential employers as well as helping them choose the right sector to work in.
Some students will go into Work Experience with a clear career ambition, some will want to sample something they like the look of and for others the experience will be to simply experience work and the workplace.
For all it is valuable experience. Developing employability skills is essential alongside traditional academic qualifications to help prepare for life after school, college and university.
CSW Group is committed to provide a work experience service that supports young people, schools, colleges and businesses to work together to achieve meaningful and safe workplace experiences as simply as possible.
With years of qualified and professional experience CSW supports over 18,000 young people, to take part in workplace experiences at over 14,000 businesses across the South West as well as undertaking delivery of projects to support young people.
One of the projects that CSW Group currently works with is: Inspiring Futures
This is a Career and Enterprise funded project delivering supported work experience to young people with SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) in Years 10 and 12. The project is funded until September 2020. We aim to deliver this programme to 90 young people across Devon and Plymouth.
Inspiring Futures main aim is to:
- Inspire young people about the world of work through encounters with employers
- Increase the exposure of young people with SEND to the workplace, employers and the world of work
- Build confidence, knowledge and understanding among employers to engage with and offer work experience opportunities to young people with SEND
- Build the confidence and work-related skills of young people with SEND
- Increase the information available to young people encouraging and advising on the options available
Should you wish to talk through your Work Experience requirements and get further information please contact: Steph Moore. Steph.firstname.lastname@example.org