European Social Funding has been invested in a programme of support for young people in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly to get into work, education and training. The investment is part of the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Programme.
The Skills for Young People project which is open to participants aged 15-24 who are at risk of or, already, not in education, employment or training (NEET). The programme will focus on those who are at risk of social exclusion and young people from marginalised communities.
The skills for young people are delivered through a skilled network of subcontractors who are:
- CMT Services Cornwall Neighbourhoods for Change
- Coachmakers Cornwall Marine Network
- Cornwall Training & Consultancy Dynamo Healthcare Training Ltd
- Elemental UK GDF Consultancy
- Kehelland Trust Phoenix Project
- Plymouth Argyle Reach Out
- TfL Training Ltd
A typical learner journey for young people consists of:
- An Initial Assessment supported by individual learning plan
- A range of learning activity both accredited and non-accredited
- Progression into a range of outcomes sustainable outcomes: Employment, volunteering, traineeships, apprenticeships, education and in work progressions.
Contact us to find out more: