We are looking for volunteers to support families in Hampshire. Could this be you?
Our Positive Living Volunteers support families in Hampshire who are experiencing challenging or difficult things in their lives to achieve goals together and move forwards from those difficult times as a stronger family unit.
Volunteers work both alongside Family Support Workers (FSW) and independently with families, offering practical solutions to build on their existing strengths in order to deliver outcomes in an agreed ‘Family Plan’.
There are various ways as a volunteer you can help vulnerable people to take steps to positive living and improve their lives such as:
• helping parents to complete forms
• attending appointments with them
• building on parenting skills
• helping them work towards employment or interests in training or education
• taking part in tasks such as shopping and trips out
• improving confidence and skills using IT
You will receive full training and the Family Support Worker will give you regular support and mentoring. As your relationship with the family becomes more independent it allows the FSW to support additional/new, families in need.
If you are interested in supporting families in Hampshire to change their lives please contact either: Sue Hunter, firstname.lastname@example.org or Mel Stanford, email@example.com.