The national quality award for Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) in schools, colleges and work-based learning.
The Quality in Careers Standard through CSW Investor in Careers (IiC) will provide a clear framework for the requirements of:
- The quality in Careers Standard accreditation criteria.
- The 8 Gatsby Benchmarks for Good Career Guidance.
- DfE statutory Duty
- Support your preparation for Ofsted
- Raise your standard of CEIAG across your organisation
- Provide you with the nationally recognised externally assessed award for quality CEIAG
What is the benefit to your Students?
By accessing high quality CEIAG provision, students will have a greater opportunity to broaden their horizons, raise aspirations and help them make the right choices at key transition points.
The CSW Investor in Careers approach is designed to raise the standard of careers advice and guidance provisions delivered by schools and colleges. It places high value on work related learning and employability skills, and seeks to support the management of careers advice and guidance delivery as well as innovative ideas and continual improvement.
Who is the Award for?
All schools’ colleges and work-based learning providers should seek the Quality in Careers Standard.
Primary schools should seek the Investor in Careers Primary Award.
CSW Investor in Careers ensures that your CEIAG programme:
- Demonstrates commitment to CEIAG and the “Quality in Careers Standard”
- Is based on your students needs, contributes to the whole organisations aims, and recognises the entitlement of all students to good impartial careers advice.
- Is delivered to all your students
- Includes a focus on exploring and preparing for the world of work
- Meets statutory duty requirements by ensuring all students have access to independent careers guidance
- Including monitoring and recording of your student’s achievements and progress, work with partners, external IAG, parents and carers to ensure that all students make informed choices and effective transitions
- Is delivered by appropriately trained staff
- Is systematically monitored, reviewed and evaluated
Our unique 3 Stage Approach focuses on:
- DELIVERY AND EVALUATION
The Careers Strategy (Dec 17) “strongly” recommends that all schools should work towards the Quality in Careers Standard.
Come at see us at the following events:
4th March Newcastle: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/quality-in-careers-newcastle-registration-80267762037
12th March Birmingham: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/quality-in-careers-birmingham-tickets-81509116963
17th March Bristol: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/quality-in-careers-bristol-tickets-81287191177