Volunteer Mentor/Support Worker for Young People aged 13-19 – Cornwall
Be part of something amazing!
Are you good at listening?
Can you consider all the opportunities available and communicate these ideas in a positive, friendly and professional way?
Do you have strong people skills and a real willingness to play an important part in a vibrant team?
We are looking for a Volunteer Mentor/Support Worker for young people (aged 13-19).
This is an exciting volunteering opportunity where you can make a difference by supporting young people and create a real, lasting impact.
Do you think you’ve got what it takes to:
- Prevent young people dropping out of education, training or employment and help them progress onto an exciting next step.
- Make positive links with local agencies and employers to help address gaps in local services.
- Support and encourage young people to get to appointments.
- Manage and update details of current funding opportunities
We’re looking for flexible volunteers with the ability and confidence to support young people across Cornwall, so if this sounds like you – we would love to hear from you!
The right person for this role will need to have some general qualities and attributes which will enable them to make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of those they’re supporting.
- Access to your own car/vehicle and a full UK Driving Licence.
- The ability and confidence to support young people.
- Good Communication Skills
- Good Liaison Skills
- Persuasive Skills
- Interpersonal Skills (telephone, written, customer service etc.)
- Planning Skills (eg map reading)
- An understanding of the education sector (would be useful, but training will be given).
- Willingness to take part in training
- Willingness to travel
- Good listening skills
- Flexible availability
- Experience of supporting people
- IT literate
- A sense of humour and a friendly approach
- Excellent telephone manner and ability to talk to a range of people of people both in a professional and informal capacity
- Administration skills
If you think you have what it takes to be a Volunteer Mentor/Support Worker, please get in touch!
Please send an expression of interest to Sarah Burrows via email, or call for an informal discussion about the role: