Location: Somerset – to cover Mendip area
Currently fixed term to 31st December 2019 (this post is likely to be extended subject to confirmation of additional funding)
Full time (part-time may be considered)
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, flexible and passionate Key Worker to join our team to support the company in delivering an exciting project called #Focus5 which is funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund. The project aims to support and engage socially excluded young people aged 15-18 years who are unemployed or economically inactive to move towards employment, education or training.
You will have:
- the ability to motivate and engage young people
- experience of supporting young people to achieve positive outcomes and make personal progress
- the ability to work independently
- experience of working in a fast paced and demanding environment
- the ability to work well within a larger staff team to achieve the best results for young people
- experience of working in partnership with other agencies
- experience of making decisions under pressure
- effective ICT and record keeping skills
It is therefore essential you have experience working in this type of role. It is also desirable that you will have a
Level 4 Diploma in Careers Information and Advice or equivalent. Due to the rural nature of the area covered by the project it is also essential that you have a drivers licence and access to a car.
The salary will be up to £25,000 per annum depending on your qualifications and experience, and will be funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Details will be made available in alternative formats upon request.
Vacancy reference: 1057
Closing date: 28th April 2019
Interviews: 9th May 2019