Career Development Consultants
Location: South Devon and Plymouth
Full or Part-time opportunities
Salary: £21,660 – £28,513 (dependent on qualifications and experience)
|Can you help young people make the best start to their career?
CSW Group are the largest single provider of information, advice and guidance services across the South West region and operate a range of contracts supporting young people to make successful transitions at key points of their lives. This work includes careers guidance services in schools and the community, supporting young people with a range of individual needs including SEND, mental health and those involved in the Youth Justice system, as well as working with those not in education or employment (NEETs) to re-engage them in positive outcomes.
As we continue to grow and secure new business, we are seeking expressions of interest from individuals who are interested in working for us as Career Development Consultants.
You will be required to provide information, advice and guidance or support services to help young people progress in learning and work; work with them to overcome barriers and achieve sustained outcomes; increase employability by developing the practical skills necessary to make applications and be successful in job/learning interviews; raise career and learning aspirations in those you work with; manage a caseload of young people with specific characteristics and liaise with partner agencies to ensure young people are able to access the service they require. You will work with young people face-to-face, online and by telephone and the role will include delivery of group work sessions in schools.
· Experience of working with young people in a youth, community or learning environment
· Understanding of school and college structures and working practices
· Experience of developing relationships with organisations and professionals
Desirable Criteria (or ability to develop):
· Understanding of local and national policy of skills and economic development
· Experience of working with specific groups of young people (e.g. youth offenders, care leavers, SEND, young carers)
· Experience of working with employers and learning providers
· Understanding of the principles of marketing a service to other organisations and/or individuals
· Ability to undertake research; both desk-top and through visits to organisations
If you do not currently hold a relevant careers qualification you will be required to work towards the Level 6 Diploma in Careers Guidance and Development or achieve the Higher Apprenticeship for Career Development Professionals which includes the Level 6 Diploma in Careers Guidance and Development.
An application pack is available to download below.
Alternatively, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Details will be made available in alternative formats upon request.
Vacancy reference: 1089
Closing date: 9am 11th September 2020
Interview date: To Be Confirmed